Ultime Notizie

il nuovo punto della situazione

« Older   Newer »

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    i Jubilee (Aaron North ex Icarus Line e Mike Shuman dei Qotsa)
    hanno chiesto a Maynard di partecipare ad una canzone del loro album, "I Don't Have An Excuse, I Just Need A Little Help",

This song started as a collaboration between Aaron and Trent Reznor somewhere back there on one of those seemingly endless Nails tours. Trent supplied the programmed drum beat, over which Jubilee did our thang. Then, Julian Gross from Liars dropped down some seriously unique, and bitchin’ live drums. After that, Mike and Aaron then tracked their vocals. (Actually, Mike recorded his vocals on an M-Box… IN HOLLAND of all places, while on the road with Queens. Hmmmmm… That’s some Twilight Zone business right there. Oh, and by “on the road with Queens”, I don’t mean… Y’know… That he was traveling with… Y’know… What Josh said on stage.) After that, we had a friend outside the band contribute some additional singing alongside Mike and Aaron… Something we’ve never done in Jubilee before. I dunno, maybe we did it cos this dude’s voice tucked in with ours, actually made it sound like there was some actual SINGING involved. Ha. Cos in about 15 minutes, this dude had finished two falsetto takes, a “full voice” take, and even a harmony take, all in PERFECT PITCH, which made us feel like the losers on “Star Search” who get like, half a star, while the returning champ gets all four. So yeah, Maynard James Keenan, the returning champ, swiftly made us all feel like returning chumps. Thanks, dick.

qui il resto del testo
    http://www.buddyhead.com/2008/06/23/jubile...ss-music-video/

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Maynard avrà una parte, quella del Hippie/Chauffeur/Pilot/Bartender/Butler/Bait Shop Clerk nel prossimo film di David Michaels chiamato The Other Side

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    A brevissimo il dvd dell'I-Days sarà messo online su toolshed.it

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    tool book - revolver magazine qui si ordina.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I Don't Have an Excuse, feat. MJK in streaming

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    notizia ufficiale:

è stato ritrovato uno stock di Salival versione dvd nella warehouse dei tool. Non sono moltissimi, ma verranno venduti primariamente ai membri del ToolArmy nei prossimi giorni. La band li ha firmati, tutti e quattro.

unlike the earlier ones, this time each DVD was individually SIGNED BY ALL FOUR BAND MEMBERS (with Adam also providing some original art ‘doodles’ on many of the cases).

no, this is not the big thing.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Adam Jones: We’re working on “The Pot,” but i’ve been really lazy lately. The setup for it is a lot more epic, so it’s actually good that we’ve been able to have more time. It’s going to be all stop-motion and in 3D. We’re doing that so we can hopefully have it show in the theater.

Video di The Pot in arrivo.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    http://www.toolshed.it/

25/03/2009:
    La notizia è inaspettata e clamorosa: i Tool tornano in tour quest'estate per delle date probabilmente solo americane, ma vedremo. A questo punto prende anche sostanza l'idea di un'uscita tooliana per il mese di giugno o luglio. Che sia il fantomatico dvd live, con video di The Pot annesso? O altro ancora?

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Nel topic Quale Annuncio?, riferito alla "big thing" tanto chiacchierata, sono cambiate le opzioni del sondaggio, a fronte delle indiscrezioni e dei nuovi possibili scenari conseguenti. Cade l'ipotesi dvd, cade il video di The Pot che pure è pronto, cade il fatto che si tratti di qualcosa relativo ai concerti.

Nel proseguimento del topic è diffusamente raccontato il nuovo punto della situazione.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    qui parole informali di Adam Jones, in particolare - sebbene le registrazioni non siano assolutamente iniziate e verosimilmente avverranno dopo il tour (direi ottobre) - il nuovo album è praticamente già stato composto, mancano gli aspetti finali. Nel 3rd Eye è facile ritrovare le nostre parole in cui si parlava di composizione del disco da febbraio in poi. Ora, luglio 2009, le canzoni sono praticamente pronte. E' una grande notizia.

notizia postata anche su toolshed.it e che riepilogheremo fra un po' nel topic sul che cosa sappiamo del nuovo album in arrivo.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    commentiamo nella sezione puscifer

"C is for (Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference HERE)" on November 10th. The outing will feature the following track listing:
    01 - "Polar Bear"
    02 - "The Mission" (Renholder Mix) (feat. Milla Jovovich)
    03 - "Momma Sed" (Alive @ Club Nokia)
    04 - "Vagina Mine" (Alive @ Club Nokia)
    05 - "Potions" (Deliverance Mix)
    06 - "The Humbling River"
    The EP will feature drums played by Tim Alexander of Primus on a variety of tracks, while Nine Inch Nails mastermind Trent Reznor is listed as having a writing credit on the track "Potions".

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    dalla newsletter di febbraio...

- i Tool stanno scrivendo il nuovo album
    - Joe Barresi confermato come ingegnere del suono
    - Un nuovo pedale per Adam e nuove percussioni per Danny, forse si sentiranno nel nuovo materiale
    - La cover del mini-tour che doveva essere suonata era dei God Machine, ma non è stata suonata perché Fernandez (il bassista dei GM morto..) era un amico di Justin (non ho ben compreso il nesso, ma tant'è)
    - la big thing.... riguarda il sito di toolband.

SPOILER (click to view)
    TOOL NEWSLETTER
    FEBRUARY 2010, E.V.

While walking out of my local post office the other day, I heard a voice behind me shout, “Hold the door open!” Turning around I recognized none other than a smiling Evil Joe Barresi. “What’s going on, he asked? “Not much, just paying the $0.02 that I owed on my AMEX.” (Not to worry, I’ve a brass Zambini coin box for just such emergencies.) “So I hear that they’re back at”, the evil one laughed. Assuming that he was talking about a certain band, I mumbled some old forgotten words – probably just nonsensical gobbledygook from the Ephesia Grammata (or was it the Latin phrase Indocilis privata loqui?), before replying that “yes, indeed, the… process has begun in earnest.” “I heard a few riffs”, he then revealed as we stood in the sunny parking lot. “I haven’t”, I said in a low voice, “but I helped with the banishing rites, not to mention consecrating a few talismans so that the space was primed for the extraordinary.” Without offering so much as a piece of tamale bubblegum, Neptunian zazar, or even a mini Chick-O-Stick, he shook my hand and we said our goodbyes… knowing fully well that it was dangerous to be discussing such things, especially in a public place and in broad daylight… Crack Cronk Crooky!, the conjuring of parrots…
    During our little talk, I forgot to tell Joe that I was also over at the loft signing books with Danny the day that they first got together. Assuming that they’d wouldn’t launch right into any ungraspable rhythmic feats, but would instead spend the afternoon getting to know each other again by going through the old set list, I left once the purple pen gave out (if not out of ink, then out of scintillations). However, before leaving, I did notice a few new additions. Next to a plethora of stompboxes that belonged to Adam was an ultra rare circa 1970s Maestro multi-effects box. The grand thing with a Sample & Hold feature that was designed in part by Bob Oberheim. Wow! Seeing it, I was thinking about what Al Dimeola had done with one all those years ago. I wondered what AJ might use it for… if anything (knowing he liked to place decoy multi-effects boxes in the room to fool people). And then there were several gamelan percussion instruments that Danny had found in some Indonesian treasure box. And, “Jesus Christ”, what was that? A water-gong! (that’s gong, with a “g.”). What the hell is he going to do with that?.. Thinking that I’d probably seen too much, I left… but not before hearing what sounded like the opening riffs to a heavy cover of Jimmy Durante’s “Inka Dinka Doo,” Sheer genius. Pyrzqxgl!..

Q & A TIME:

Seeing how we still get lots of email asking about the same subjects, let’s see if we can put a few things to rest:

Q: “What was the elusive cover that I heard about on the last mini-tour?”

A: Although I don’t know the name of the song (because I’m not that familiar with the band), it was a tune by THE GOD MACHINE. Having played it at one of the ‘dress rehearsals’ that I attended, it was later decided by the band not to perform it during the tour. The reason might have had something to do with the untimely death of the band’s bass guitarist, Jimmy Fernandez, who was a friend of Justin’s. A lot of people thought that the cover might have been a short version of Pink Floyd’s “On the Run”, but this mistake undoubtedly was due to a similar sounding patch/sequence on Danny’s EMS Synthi AKS.

Q: “Who is the voice of the doctor on “Blame Hofmann?”

A: The voice over of “Doctor Watson” was done by the band’s manager, Pete Riedling.

Q: “What’s this big thing we keep hearing about?”

A: The so-called “Big Thing” began after I hinted at possible new Tool websites. Having attended many dozen meetings about these sites, and having been involved in the design process for one of them, I believe eventually there will be major changes. As to when, your guess is as good as mine (well, almost).

Q: “What is the meaning of the upside down “Tree of Life” on the cover of Salival?”

A: With regards to the reversed Tree of Life diagram on the “Salival” box-set, CHAOS can be transformed to ‘COSMOS’ once the 10th sephirah (Malkuth) is tipped (inertia being the key) to its correct ‘Pre-Fall’ position at the vacancy of the both existing and non-existing 11th sephirah, DAATH (the so-called false sephirah, which represents “knowledge.”). This creates the IRREVERSIBLE perfected Tree. However, when we realize that Malkuth is also known as The Gate of Tears”, and even greater occult SECRET is revealed.

Q: “What is this puzzle in the artwork of 10,000 Days?”

A: Once somebody solves it, I’ll let you know. I didn’t think it was that difficult, but evidently it is. Either that or no one believes that there really is a puzzle and, hence, aren’t attempting to solve it.

Q: “What’s the voice on “Mantra?”

A: As I said years ago, it’s Maynard’s Siamese cat. Others continue to think that it’s a guitar effect by Adam, or Danny growling through a tube along with an Oberheim going through a vocoder, but put your money on a Siamese cat.

Q: “What does the Tool Army symbol mean?”

A: Although I’d rather not comment on that at this time, the alchemical praxis ingeniously concealed/revealed in a film by Alejandro Jodorowsky might hold a clue.

In more recent email, people are asking if the band received any royalties from “Parabola” being played for the orbit crew (specifically for astronaut Bob Behnken) of the space shuttle mission to the international space station (as NASA noted on Twitter)? Well, I don’t know about that, but the funny thing is that not many people know that when it came to Tool’s last record contract, when they saw in the fine print that the company maintained certain rights throughout the universe, negotiations were halted and lawyers on both sides called in because the band wanted the rights to their music on the planet Mars. When I was first told of this way back when, I thought it was funny, but that the only thing to come out of it was that they’d being paying the lawyers more fees for their services (who I could just see laughing while out playing 18 holes). Well, now it appears that maybe it was a good decision on the Tool’s part. Wouldn’t that be funny!

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/112763

FERMI TUTTI!

(riassumo a breve su toolshed.it e su commenti e notizie)

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    per chi non se ne fosse accorto... su APC World stiamo ormai al countdown per l'annuncio di oggi 21/03 degli A Perfect Circle. Vediamo di cosa si tratta.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    www.toolshed.it/frameset.html

06/09/2011:
    A quanto filtra dall'ambiente Tool, pare che 6 brani nuovi per il nuovo album siano pressoché pronti. Ora, bisogna capire quanti ne mancano affinché nei piani della band l'album sia completo. Considerate che in 10,000 Days e Lateralus le canzoni effettive erano meno di quelle che indicavano le tracklist. Tuttavia se il disco - come pare - sarà composto di pezzi leggermente più corti e diretti, allora probabile che siamo appena oltre la metà dell'opera...

104 replies since 27/2/2006, 14:35   14920 views