« Older   Newer »

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE
    http://www.toolshed.it/

Risorse audio/video online - grazie a chi ha collaborato

nei prossimi giorni altro materiale, non appena ci arriva.

appunto, aggiornate...

nuovi video, audio, foto

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Grammy 2006, nomination per i TOOL

Best Hard Rock Performance for Vicarious. (nominati anche Nine Inch Nails, Buckcherry, Wolfmother e System of a Down)

Best Record Packaging per 10,000 Days.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Sembra concreta l'ipotesi di un live dvd dei TOOL in arrivo, visto che la band registrerà alcune date del nuovo tour americano (marzo-aprile)

Danny Carey ha risposta a LAUNCH che: "the band doesn't want to release each one as groups like PEARL JAM have done"

non vogliono fare dvd come li fanno i pearl jam

"I doubt if we'll go that far with it, but we'll definitely be releasing some live DVDs and specific concerts that we feel strongly about,"

"I think that's just a cooler way to do it. Pick the best stuff instead of just flood the market with a bunch of mediocre crap (laughs). No one can be their best every night. It's great that people may want all that, you know, if they're real hardcore fans, but I don't know, I think quality rather than quantity is a lot more important way to go."

poi c'è la voce che il prossimo promo per le radio (dopo Vicarious e The Pot) sarà Jambi.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/music_specials/default.htm

tool radio con JC

Cosa ha scelto? dai Soundgarden a Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Buckley, Roots Manuva & Leftfield.

Si può sentire anche via web se ci si collega all'orario esatto.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/music_specials/s1838677.htm

qui lo streaming del dj set radiofonico di Justin

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Tour americano posticipato (presto le nuove date), Danny Carey dovrebbe essersi strappato un bicipite.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Dal 27 Maggio al 2 Giugno 2007
    Alex Grey in Italia

La discussione può proseguire su un topic dedicato a Damanhur nelal sezione zona d'ombra

grazie: spacedeep

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Intervista a cuore aperto di Maynard, la metto anche qui. Mrsself se ti vuoi esercitare a tradurre... questa va benone!

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Intervista ad Adam Jones su GuitarWorld

Rivela diverse cose sui video, dvd, progetti paralleli... Ci sarà da discuterne negli appositi topic.

1. The first video for 10,000 Days (presumably Vicarious) will be entirely in CGI has run into some “vicious production problems”. Basically they got screwed by the production company, and now a friend of Adam’s company is helping them complete it. The problem is that since they’re only helping, work only happens when their schedule is clear. Adam says all his spare time goes into it, but I wouldn’t expect to see anything until after this round of touring stops.

2. The second video (presumably The Pot) will be all stop-motion, and pre-production has started.

3. They have filmed stuff for a Live DVD, and were going to put it out but it “(didn’t) sit very well with our band”. I guess this means they want more than just the standard live show to be released.

4. Adam is keen to do a Tool movie, but it sounds as though he’s waiting for someone to show him the money before he does. And there’s a lot of red tape involved in movie making.
    When Tool were approached to contribute to the Escape from LA soundtrack, they suggested rather than just giving them a song, actually do one with John Carpenter (who apparently is also a musician). For various record label related reasons, this didn’t go ahead. So they just gave them Sweat in the end.

5. They’ve had several stalkers, include one that Camella and Chris Graves set up and had arrested. A Toolarmy member perhaps?

6. The project with Robert Fripp has been recorded, but there’s still the drums and arrangements to go. Adam’s hoping to put it out as soon as possible, but like the videos I wouldn’t expect much until Tool finish touring.

in qualche modo verrà riassunto il tutto su toolshed.it oggi pomeriggio.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Ladri di notizie e esperti tooliani dell'ultim'ora, ma soprattutto fedeli del 3rd Eye (per fortuna in numero da sempre superiore), da qualche ora c'è la traduzione su toolshed.it

Per il resto

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Esce ufficialmente il 30 Ottobre il debut album di Puscifer (vedi topic sezione side projects).

Si chiama V is for Vagina.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status

Lanciato il nuovo sito del progetto Puscifer. Nella sezione sideprojects trovate il resto delle informazioni.

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status

SPOILER (click to view)
    SACRED GEOMETRY, WINE TASTING, AND CELEBRITY BASKETBALL:TOOL OPENS UP

Tool is the most popular band that you know nothing about

For seventeen years, the California quartet has ruled as one of the most enigmatic and mysterious forces in rock, refusing to obey the standard rules of engagement. They create stunning packages for their albums (last year’s 10,000 Days offered stereoscopic glasses and hallucinatory art) and compose experimental, often sprawling songs with surreal lyrics and provocative titles. “Prison Sex” or “Stinkfist,” anyone? Guitarist Adam Jones, produces and directs nightmarish animated videos that almost never feature the group members. Occupying its own niche amid the metal, progressive, and avant-garde worlds, and hardly radio-friendly, Tool has only released four studio albums since 1993, but has cultivated a tenacious following that immediately gobbled up a half million copies of 10,000 Days, rocketing it to number one on the charts...

Cover story del mese di settembre, per una volta, lunga intervista alla band, tutti e quattro.

Presto cercherò di postare anche l'articolo intero.

Questo un altro excerpt:
    SPOILER (click to view)
    Do you guys play practical jokes on each other?

MK: We haven’t lately.

DC: It’s been a while.

AJ: That’s not true. There was the kick drum face. We were in New Orleans, and Dan wanted to go see this drummer play. He’s played with Prince and Madonna, and now he’s on tour with his own rock band. We went down, and it was kind of a forty-ish crowd, very meat market. The guy was great. He’s a really good drummer, but he’s like 300 pounds and has a picture of himself….

DC: Airbrushed.

AJ: ….with sunglasses on his kick drum. So we thought “Man, that’s so stupid.” So we got two pictures of Dan, and at the next show we put them on his kick drum heads.

DC: I had never even seen them. I had no idea. I went through the whole show, and then a couple of people emailed me: “That’s cool, man, showing your pictures [on there].”

JC: Normally we fuck with our support band a little bit as well, towards the end [of the tour].

Funny how the talk about a forty-ish crowd at the show. Do they forget how old they are?

Do you guys shop at Justin’s bookstore?

MK: It’s a bit of a drive.

AJ: I tried but it was closed [laughter]

JC: A lot of people say that.

DC: “Be back in five minutes”

On Maynard’s taste in movies:

AJ: ….I really love going to the theater.

DC: It’s always cool to see a movie on the big screen.

Unless it sucks

DC: I don’t care.

AJ: Ask Maynard. He saw The Crow. Twice. Talk about a practical joke. “Dude you’ve got to see The Crow. It blew my mind!” And we all went.

MK: I’m in the back, watching them all go, “You’re a fucking asshole! This movie is fucking horrible!” “Ha ha ha! Want some popcorn?”

AJ: We kept waiting for that moment for it to get good.

MK: They got me back. The fucking dickhead got me back.

AJ: I got you a couple of times.

MK: He told me to check out Billy Madison because it was really funny, so I rented it. “You’re a fucking asshole.”

http://mixonline.com/recording/projects/au...ing_tools_days/ qui invece un buon articolo sulle tecniche di registrazione di 10,000 Days

Edited by Dæmon © - 29/9/2007, 09:26

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Nuove risorse online su toolshed.it, ci sono 2 video postati recentemente da buddino registrati a Torino e Bologna

Ain't Fate, Just Me

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Blair dice:

there was much talk about several good things to come over the holiday season, the specifics of which I’m currently not at liberty to discuss… except to mention that these are exciting things for Tool enthusiasts.

03/10/07

ovvero sia: aspettatevi verso gennaio qualche novità. Se dovessi scommettere su qualcosa: finalmente i 2 video, forse pubblicati come i precedenti due dvd singles. Forse qualcosa in formato dvd comunque. Forse il vinile di 10,000 Days.

104 replies since 27/2/2006, 14:35   14920 views